Organization of The American Legion Lyle-Brewster Unit 50
The Lyle-Brewster American Legion Auxiliary Unit #50, was charter November 23, 1935 in College Park, Georgia.
The Lyle-Brewster American Legion Post 50 wa organized April 12th, 1935 at the Old City Hall, College Park, Georgia. The first Post meeting was called by Post Commander Alton Sims.
Mrs Allen Henson, Department Auxiliary President organized an Auxiliary Unit at Post 50. Mrs George Hasrris was asked to act as Chairman of the meeting and Mrs Bertha Hammett served as Secretary Protem. Mrs Henson gave a short history of the orgin, growth and activities of the American Legion Auxiliary, pointing out the broad field of service for the women of the Auxiliary. She explained the eligibility clause and gave information on relatives to the organization of local units.
Motion was made by Mrs Rocker that a nominating committee be appointed to bring in a report later. The motion was seconded by Mrs Moore and carried. Mrs Harris appointed the committee and instructed same to make a report at the next meeting.
Post 50 Commander Sims gave a brief talk to the ladies and promised his support. He explained that he felt highly honored that the Auxiliary be organized during his year as Commander of the Post.
The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 50 was chartered and signed on November 23, 1935.
The Post & Unit 50 was moved to Peachtree City, Ga in