History of American Legion Lyle-Brewster Post 50 -
Application for a 'permanent' Charter was made August 18th, 1936. There were 30 Charter members at this time. The Charter for American Legion Auxiliary Unit 50 was signed on November 23rd, 1935. The first Americ;an Legion Post 50 Home was completed January 4th, 1940, the date the first meeting was held. This remained until another College Park property was purchased with the 1st property being sold to the City of College Park.
Lyle-Brewster Post 50 moved to Peachtree City in the 90's making their home at the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Dixie Wings Hangar @ 1200 Echo Ct, Peachtree City, GA. This has been their Post home for over 20 years.